
Ryan says Sophia really outdid herself for his first Father's Day by taking him to see the Star Wars Exhibit at the Science Museum. Sophia, Ryan, and I enjoyed a fun-filled day of techy, sci-fi wonder. The exhibit was great. We saw Chewbacca (who Ryan and I both agree is the Star Wars character Sophia most sounds like). She often speaks wookie when she's tired, and has ever since she began to babble. We also spied other classic characters such as Princess Leia and the little ewoks. It's really a toss up as to which of these characters Sophia more closely resembles; the first is absolutely beautiful and the second, well, completely adorable. =)
Papi's most memorable moment at the museum was probably when he got to hold his little girl next to the opening of the T-Rex's mouth. As for Mami, the moment that remains most clearly stained in her mind, is when sweet Sophia peed on her! Sophia assures me it was not intentional--a simple diaper malfunction. The trip ended well with a show at the Omni theatre for Papi, a nap in the stroller for Sophia, and some quiet moments for me to reflect on the blessing that Sophia is in our lives.
All day I had been thinking of Sophia's birth mother, more than I usually do. As I watched Sophia sleep,I was overcome by an immense wave of gratitude. Her hope was for Sophia to have a mother and a father. My hope was to watch Ryan be the amazing father I've always known he was meant to be. For me, Father's Day signified the fulfilment of both of our dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment